Start a new topic

Second level outline

I have several files with todos and I’d like to add new tasks to the second outline level: * Top Header (which differs by file) ** TODO New tasks should go here Is this possible? Templates seem to require that I name the top level header the same in every file, or have a separate template for each file.

That does sound like a good idea (the pattern matching). I'll consider that for a future update.

I have my tasks across multiple different files rather than all in one. My files all have a tree with the word "Tasks" in the header title, so I'm thinking it might be cool for Beorg to have a pattern-matching feature to put the task under the first heading that matches the pattern.

This isn't possible at the moment - to have beorg append an item to the first subtree in the file without the template knowing the name of that subtree. Is this something you've configured Emacs to do?

Thanks. Close to what I need, but not quite there.

Let's say I have two files:

1-Offs.org

* 1-Offs Tasks
** TODO Blah blah
** TODO Another blah blah

Health.org

* Health Tasks
** TODO Whatever
** TODO Another whatever

There's no way, in Beorg, to ensure that a new task goes into the second level outline of both of those files without having a separate template for both, right?

It'd be nice, for example, to use something like "/Tasks/" to have a more flexible approach in identifying the top level of the subtree.

(Or can it already do that?)

You can do this by using the subtree options when editing the template. For example if you added "Years" and then "Months" you would create a hierarchy similar to:

* Years

** Months

*** The new headline created by the template

The "Years" and "Months" headlines would be added automatically if they don't exist in the file.

Login or Signup to post a comment