Start a new topic

iOS widget

I got very excited to see there is a beorg widget and I can have my top tasks displayed on the home screen ... but it only seems to display tasks with due dates set against them?

It negates a GTD workflow as you need to start dicking around with dates on tasks as their priorities shift, why not just let me set the priority to a task and have that be the determining factor as to which ones filter to the top?

Putting dates on tasks is usually notional and/or aspirational and never bears out in reality and this is where most productivity apps fall down - hence the move towards GTK workflows in apps like Things3 and I always regarded one of the benefits of org mode as the ability to follow this workflow.

But if I must put dates in to everything in order for it to be visible, then I might as well just be using Apple Reminders or some other dumb todo app.

Can this be made configurable at least?

1 Comment

This is something I'll look into. I implemented a little while back the ability to create searches which also defined how the results should be sorted. This could then be leveraged to give more flexibility to the widgets.

Login or Signup to post a comment