Start a new topic

Prepend TODO task to the top when using template

Hi there. Thanks so much for releasing a great app - Beorg has made it possible for me to have access to my orgmode files when I'm away from my computer.

I have 2 questions:

Firstly, I have a  couple of templates set up in Beorg, that file my TODOs under specific headings. It's all working fine but I would like to know how to make Beorg create them at the top of the heading list, as opposed to the bottom. In orgmode, I would use ":prepend t" in my emacs file, but I'm not sure what code to use to achieve this in Beorg. This is visually what I mean:

* Todo List
** TODO I want new tasks to be added here automatically
** TODO Task 1
** TODO Task 2
** TODO Task 3
** TODO Instead of here

Secondly, I work with both .org and .txt file formats, but I'm having trouble getting Beorg to see both of them. In Settings>File Synchronization>File Extension" I added ".txt, .org" but it doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong here?

Cheers.

Tom

Thanks for the reminder about this one! I've been doing some work for the next release on templates - you can now select what UI elements you want to see for each template. I've snuck this feature in as well so you can choose whether items get added to the start of the file or subtree. I'm hoping to release the next update in the next couple of weeks.

1 person likes this

Hey, just wanted to check if there was any progress on this? I would love the feature as well. ;) Keep up the great work!

Great to hear, thanks for the update!

Yes! A `:prepend t` option would be great!

Thank you suggesting a prepend option for the templates, a great idea - I've added a note to look into this further in a future update.

Currently beorg doesn't support multiple file extensions. This would be a sensible enhancement, although some of the way beorg was written means that this is a bigger change than you might think - I've made a note to investigate this further.

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the prepend question, are you saying there is not currently a code snippet to add to the init file to achieve this?

There isn't yet anything you can do as a user to enable this. When I add this it will be a check box in the template editor.

Login or Signup to post a comment