Start a new topic

Can task tab reflect the sort order used in files tab?

I am hoping to get better ordering of the groups of tasks on the Tasks page. They don't seem to be connected to the file sort method at all. I have the files tab set to sort by last modified, but the groups of task on the task page still seem to be by file name order. This is annoying, as I have lots of files, and I have to scroll past groups of tasks to get at the ones I want, which are typically the ones I've edited most recently.

Here are some other things I'd like to do:

1. Re-order pinned files, and have that order reflected on the tasks tab. e.g. I can put INBOX at top, personal tasks second, work tasks third. Then all my other files use the last modified sort order. Task page should reflect that same order, inbox->personal->work->other files by modified.

2. Collapse a group on tasks tab. I have some that I just don't really need to see, and take up a lot of space. It would be helpful if I could collapse them to hide the tasks and only show the file heading.

If any of these things are currently possible and I'm overlooking them, please let me know!

1 Comment

I'm currently working on a search being able to specify both how results should be grouped, and also then sorted within those groups. I'm hoping to have a release with this ready a little later this month.

Currently what I've done doesn't directly address your request however which does sound like it would be a good step to take. I'll certainly consider these further.

Login or Signup to post a comment