Start a new topic

Image support

I’ve been gradually using org mode for more and more of my notes. On my computer I have an images folder inside my work folder that I link images to. It would be great if beorg could also sync this images folder and show the images that are linked.

10 people like this idea

Thanks for adding this to the forum. Lets see how many other users would like to see this added to beorg.

3 people like this
I like the idea. To specify my use: I’d like to be able to save images (camera) from my phone into whatever system is setup to support images and have the images linked into an item. I tend to take hand written notes and then often want to store them along with my digitally typed notes for reference. Currently use iOS Notes app for this but would love it to come into the org mode tent.

5 people like this

I also like the idea. Would be nice to attach scanned documents such as bills , receipts,  reports, papers ... to tasks and notes.

3 people like this

Being able to add photos would be great - notes, bills, ideas, part completed and completed projects. Ideally, at least for me, would be the ability to insert a markdown or html link to a photo website. The org files would then remain small and the photo could be inserted when the file or item is exported as a PDF.

1 person likes this
Agree

1 person likes this
And screenshots too.

2 people like this

Definitely rooting for this addition! Being able to add images via the Camera API or Photo Library would be huge. And definitely in addition to rendering inline images.

2 people like this

Great to see some more comments on this topic. I have started some high level thinking about how I could do this via support for attachments, by syncing the .attach directory. However no ETA on starting implementation of this yet.

2 people like this

For now, seems like the [[file:xxxxx]] format is easy. 'Plain org'  iOS app already support this format to render images. Attachment not supported yet.

Render images feature is really necessary for org users , hope beorg add this feature asap. To support this feature,I've just subscribed annually plan.   :)

Would also love to see this! E.g. via a synced folder in dropbox next to the org file (using relative links to get images working on the phone as well as on the pc) Could also be an extension, I’m totally willing to pay for this!

1 person likes this

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this topic. If anyone has further use cases or suggestions please do add here.

1 person likes this

I would also love to have this feature. I use beorg for many reasons including keeping track of bills, medical and other records, meeting notes and project management. Would be nice to attach scanned documents  and researcher papers in pdf format.

Strangely,  at some point I was able to incorporate images from internet pages but not from local files on my Ipad…also used links to files in Dropbox  through Editorial…does not work since I switched to iCloud. 

1 person likes this
Also would super lover to see this feature

I like this idea.  My basic use case is to take pictures of things associated with a task to help explain the task better.  For instance, picture of a leaky pipe with details about why it's leaking that the plumber could be handed from an agenda print out.  Pictures would also be a great reminder of the details of a task that I don't get to for quite some time.  The suggestion is to do something with links so that you can separate the big images from the Org files for sync purposes.   I see that Org supports JPG links.  Not sure about other media files.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment