beorg version: 3.7.1, 3.7.2
I'm using webdav and syncing files between mobile and desktop. And recently the the file name start missing the prefix character.
For example, in my server:
➜ data ls
inbox.org log.org shopping.org
And in beorg file names become:
Worse problem is when adding new task item to the file,
for example, adding a new task to inbox.
1. beorg will created new inbox file locally.
2. sync, and the new inbox file will overwrite the old inbox file in server
3. after sync, the new inbox file became nbox locally.
I have a similar problem but also suffered severe data loss :(
Before upgrading to 3.7.2, I had a working webdav sync. The URL is 'https://www.example.com/', the path is '/'. No problems whatsoever.
After upgrading to 3.7.2, I started beorg and added one todo. Later, I marked that as done and wondered about my other todos. Nothing showed up.
After investigating, I found that my inbox.org file with hundreds of entries is completely gone, there's only an nbox.org file and a box.org file with that single done item that I added after upgrading. Everything else from inbox.org is gone.
The mangled filename is present in all other files but they don't seem to suffer data loss.
The box.org file has no previous beorg versions. The oldest beorg version of the nbox.org file seems to have the content before the upgrade. But I'm not sure since I can't compare with my own backups at the moment.
The above workaround with the paths should resolve your issue.
Once you've got the workaround working if you long press on the file inbox.org you should be able to access beorg's internal backups of the file to recover any data which went missing. Very sorry for these issues, data loss is the worst possible effect of a bug in an app :(