Start a new topic

3.7.1 experimental subfolders

Has anyone had any success enabling the experimental subfolders with iCloud?

I'm having trouble syncing in the app even though I have made changes in my org dir and I'm not sure if it is an issue with the feature or my unfamiliarity with iCloud syncing. I'm used to Dropbox.

One issue is that I can see my the directory "roam", but there are no files in it.

Is this an all or nothing feature it is it possible to sync some but not all folders?

This is currently an all of nothing feature. I'm currently doing some work on allowing beorg to work much more effectively with potentially large numbers of files, at that point I'll look to allow folders to be excluded from the sync - and hopefully enable subfolder support for the remaining sync methods and have turned on by default. One thing to bear in mind is that beorg only syncs org files, so even if there are other folders in the tree unless they contain org files they shouldn't get synced - so don't worry about beorg potentially syncing other (potentially large) files.

Mathew, is this feature available for dropbox? I'm keen to get it working 'cause my daily notes/agenda are in a subfolder as well.

I suppose I should've clarified. I tried `(set! sync-subfolders #t)` in my `init.org`, but I still don't see any folders using dropbox sync.

Yes, this feature can be enabled for Dropbox using the init.org. I'm hoping soon to return to looking at how subfolders work so this can be more easily enabled.

Sorry - just seen your other post which was in an approval queue. Make sure you've restarted beorg after adding that line, and that it is in a source block. Check out https://beorg.app/learning/initorg/ for more details on the init.org file.

1 person likes this

Got it,

Looks like I named it `init.org.org` accidentally :)

Working now, thanks Matthew!

It looks like the experimental option isn't enabled for the folder sync (Working Copy) yet. Does the folder sync method expose subfolders so it can be enabled at some point?

Not yet. I really need to get back to the subfolders support, introduce to all sync methods and then have it turned on by default.

I have my notes files in folder "Org Roam" on iCloud. I added a new file init.org containing the following text:

#+begin_src scheme

(set! sync-subfolders #t)

#+end_src

I unlinked and linked the folder in the BeOrg app. But I do not see the subfolder files or tasks. Restarting the app does not help either.

Appreciate any help in making this work.

Unable to get this to work on iCloud. I am using the choose folder sync method and added init.org with the following text: #+begin_src scheme (set! sync-subfolders #t) #+end_src

After adding this to your init.org make sure you restart beorg (i.e. kill from the app switcher and the run again). Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Thank you, I did kill the app and restart. But I’m unable to see my note sub folders or files inside them. The additional notes tab has appeared.
@ashish when you created into.org did you type in “init.org” in the filename dialog box? If so, the “.org” extension is already added when you create a file. So it’s possible the file has a doubled .org extension. An easy way to check is by selecting “Files” at the bottom toolbar. Your files should just be names and not have the .org extension showed. Example in attached screenshot.
@Matt the file name in my setup is init.org (screenshot attached)
Login or Signup to post a comment