Start a new topic

Updates on Git with BeOrg?

I'm starting to try to use github with my setup of the following:

1. Windows-10 running full Cygwin with Emacs and Org

2. A Chromebook running Linux-Beta with Emacs and Org

3. An iPhone running Working Copy and BeOrg (may add more for family)

Hand tremors are slowing me down on this, but #1 and #2 work fine now.  Working Copy seems to work fine in #3 in that my Git directory is pulled locally to an iCloud drive directory.

Originally, I tried setting it up to sync using the WebDav setup, but Working Copy kept turning off the webdav server when I switched to beorg (for security).  So I switched to trying to use the iCloud sync method and it originally looked like it worked, but now it won't.  

My repository is "WCopy".  The iCloud/WCopy directory has been populated by Working Copy.  The iCloud/beorg/WCopy directory, though, has not.  What else can I look for?

The WebDAV sync method only really works well on iPad when you can have both apps open using split-screen. iOS otherwise doesn't allow background usage for things such as a WebDAV server.

You should be able to setup a synced folder in Working Copy, point that folder at the beorg directory in iCloud and then initialise a git repository there. You can also do some fiddling and setup a remote and force pull on top of the directory created by beorg.

1 person likes this

Update:

When I say that it originally worked, I mean that BeOrg was seeing files from my repository, but I don't know if that was files in iCloud/WCopy or iCloud/beorg/WCopy.  After I went about resetting things up to check what I did, it wouldn't work anymore.  I removed the iCloud/beorg/WCopy directory to try to force BeOrg to recreate it.  It recreated it, but never filled it.  How is it supposed to work?

Login or Signup to post a comment