Start a new topic

Support image links/attachments in notes

It's often useful to create notes with a file or image attachment,

it would be nice to have that be supported in BeOrg

No need for them to be styled inline, just supporting opening relative paths like
[[./data/some_image.png][My Image]] within the synced folder and the "open in"
share sheet would be enough

Right now it seems to treat the some_image.png as another org file instead (version 3.4.0)

Big fan of BeOrg, thanks for the effort

8 people like this idea

Adding attachments right from BeOrg would be huge. If this feature were to be deployed I would dump Evernote in a second!

6 people like this

There are a number of challenges to bringing attachment support - for example adding/editing attachments, handling potentially large numbers of attachments some of which may be very large, and the number of sync services that is supported by beorg. Potentially when I get around to allowing users to choose an arbitrary source as the sync location this might become more possible - especially if the local beorg sync is removed and the org files are edited directly (potentially with the option to stage changes).

2 people like this

I would vote for the feature. :)

3 people like this

Bump. ;)

Specifically, this could be a big boom to both Org and BeOrg.  Once you have BeOrg handling the attachment directory properly,  a monetary opportunity for you would be an add-on tool to copy selected photos or albums from iCloud to the attachment directory while simultaneously converting from HEIC to JPEG. That could include the options for encryption and compression.

2 people like this

Bump, too!

Take a look at my recent post in "Everything else" section of this forum.  It's a quick and dirty way of leveraging iCloud Photos directly into BeOrg and Org.

Login or Signup to post a comment