Start a new topic

Encoding issue

I've encountered an odd encoding issue.  Some of my org files include a FILETAGS directive on the first line -- e.g., "#+FILETAGS: :work:"  I know that beorg doesn't support this, but it is mainly for use in emacs on my laptop.  However, when beorg syncs with a file containing this first line, some of the bytes are translated into an asian-language character set (2 bytes per character, judging by the number of characters).  If I then change the file in beorg, it syncs using the UTF-8 version of these characters, which makes the error permanent and visible in emacs as well.

All of my org files are on a NextCloud server (using webdav), and I have checked hexdumps of the files prior to syncing with beorg and the FILETAGS line is plain 7-bit ascii, as expected. 

Any thoughts on what's happening here?

I've sent you an email about this. If you can supply a sample file demonstrating this issue I'll take a look and see what needs to be fixed in either beorg or the file.

I am having the exact same issue. Please feel free to contact me if there's anything that I can do to help resolve this.

Thanks for such an excellent app!

beorg 3.4.0 with a fix for this is out now. If you can update and let me know if still having problems that would be great. Thanks!

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment