Start a new topic

Support #+FILETAGS: options

I love the new(ish) tag inheritance features in Beorg!

One additional feature that would be useful to me is if Beorg supported my current #+FILETAGS: options in my org-mode files.

For example, some of my .org files have "#+FILETAGS: @work" at the top, so in org-mode in Emacs, every headline in that file inherits the @work tag.

I'm currently working around this with a saved search that looks for the tag or whether it's in particular files... but it would be great if Beorg supported the FILETAGS option.

3 people like this idea

Thanks for the suggestion. To be honest I wasn't aware of the FILETAGS option. Currently beorg doesn't interpret any options in Org mode files. I hope to change this at some point as lots of fun stuff can then happen :)

I wanted to follow up to see if #+FILETAGS could be something that could be implemented -- I'm new to beorg, but this would be really helpful.  In the meantime I'm manually tagging individual tasks rather than using file-level inheritance.

1 person likes this

This is coming in the next update + 1.

1 person likes this

Glad to hear it!! 

I think the support for filetag is very cool, but I think, the org-mode #+FILETAGS is not implemented the right way. Typically you add the #+filetags option as:

#+FILETAGS: :tag1:tag2:othertag3:andsoon:

(see in https://orgmode.org/manual/Tag-Inheritance.html)

Thus at the moment such "correct" filetags throw an error. This is especially problematic with org roam, where it is also used to add tags to a note in this way. As I do this nearly on every note, it is not possible to open the note file in beorg anymore

best regards

Bernhard

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment