Start a new topic

bookmark function?

Hi!

thanks so much for your epic work on beorg!

was wondering if one could ask for a request to have bookmark function to a specific orgfile+header? i know you can pin notes but sometimes you want to quick reach a sub header somewhere

best

Z

Thank you for your suggestion.

You could do something similar to this now by:

• Creating a saved search for items tagged with Bookmark (or any other tag of your choosing) and then selecting the Bookmarks saved search on the Filter menu on the TODO tab.
  • Alternatively you could create a file which contains your bookmarks and then add links such as [[reading::Current Books][Current books I'm reading]]. Such a link will open the file reading and highlight the item matching Current Books and unfold it.

One of the next features I want to work on is a customisable dashboard for beorg. This would be shown when the app opens and you could configure it, for example, to show today's tasks, lists of tasks matching a search, list of pinned files, etc. With this bookmarks could be listed using a saved search for items tagged with "Bookmark" or similar. That would make bookmarks quickly accessible from within the first screen of the app.

1 person likes this

thx and sorry for the late response (real life issues :))

i like the 2nd approach

Alternatively you could create a file which contains your bookmarks and then add links such as [[reading::Current Books][Current books I'm reading]]. Such a link will open the file reading and highlight the item matching Current Books and unfold it.

but not sure i get it since it dosent work for me.

i have a file named  `TravelV3.org` that is synced via dropbox

in there there are many headers and subheaders but lets say this example

* world
** India
*** Delhi

if i understand correctly i need to create another file called ie `beorg.bmark.org` and then in there create a link that will have

[[TravelV3.org::Delhi][Delhi]]

now pressing that link should open the TravelV3.org file and Delhi header?

i tried that and it dosent seem to work

am i missing anything?

thx again 

Z

For the example you stated I'm able to recreate those files and content and the link works. The matching of headlines is case sensitive - so make sure that if the headline is Delhi and you put Delhi in the link (although you have done that in your example).

If you could create a minimum example in beorg and attach the files directly to a reply, so I can import them in beorg, that might help reproduce your issue.

thx!

see attached both the bookmark file and the travelV3 file

also: i can't respond for some reason to the "can't get capture URL Scheme to work with templates via siri shortcuts" question (its uneditable?) so also attaching the screenshot you requested here , hope that’s OK :)

best appreciate all your help and work!

org
(431 KB)
org
(33 Bytes)

I can give you a quick answer to the bookmark question - it's probably a case issue, i.e. the file you sent it "travelV3.org" but the bookmark refers to "TravelV3.org". I'll take a look into the other issue and get back to you.

wow :)  silly auto capitalize on iphone did that without me noticing :D

thx again

Z

Login or Signup to post a comment