Start a new topic

Drawers support

Drawers are a standard feature of org mode described in the manual https://orgmode.org/manual/Drawers.html They look like: ** This is a headline Still outside the drawer :DRAWERNAME: This is inside the drawer. :END: After the drawer. They can be folded or unfolded with the usual visibility cycling. On Android orgzly they are supported, and I use them there to hide code that is emacs dependent. Presently beorg simply ignore them. Drawers are also used for PROPERTIES, which are also ignored by beorg. It would be nice to add them at least in visibility cycling to ensure compatibility with beorg and orgzly.

2 people like this idea

As someone that has a PROPERTIES drawer added to every item, I can't wait to see this implemented! 

I was only targeting folding/unfolding i.e. visibility cycling. If you support PROPERTIES you have to deal with visibility cycling; and it should not be difficult to include all drawers, and not only PROPERTIES.

My main concern was with compatibility with emacs and orgzly. You can have big drawers in file that are folded in emacs and orgzly, and appear as garbage in beorg.

I hope you can consider it while implementing PROPERTIES.

I do plan on recognising and supporting drawers in a future release. I'll take a look at how Orgzly presents these to the user as part of planning how I intend this to work. Support the PROPERTIES drawer will enable a number of additional features so I am keen to do this relatively soon.

3 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment