Start a new topic

TODO items marked DONE but with CLOSED timestamp

I love the easy TODO/DONE swipe-switching in the TODO view of the app. The drawback is that in beorg when a TODO is converted to DONE, no `CLOSED: [timestamp]` is inserted, like it would be in Emacs.

4 people like this idea

Is the configuration of this feature documented?

I do want the completion date to be logged for most one-off items, but not for recurring items like "water the plants" because that's just happening too often :)

The per-item properties work in Emacs, but not beorg:

SCHEDULED: <2019-09-05 Thu 14:00 +1w>
:PROPERTIES:
:LOGGING: nil
:END:

Since yesterday I have the mentioned 2.14.1 version. I marked varoius recurring tasks as done, but unfortunately I don't see any additional logging of the state change. 

Make sure you are not overriding org-log-repeat in your init.org. It should be set to 'time for logging to occur.

As a test try the following:

+ In beorg tap the + to create a new item

+ Set Scheduled to today and repeat to every 1 weeks

+ Still on the New Item screen change the state from TODO to a DONE state

+ You should see added in the Notes section something similar to: State "DONE" from "TODO" [2019-05-23 Thu 10:46]

If the above doesn't check that the state you are setting the item to is in your "Done States" as defined on the Settings screen.

If the above does work please paste the contents of a sample item onto the forum with a repeat modifier for which changing to a done state isn't logging as it should.

Okay you're right. I can confirm it works. I expected somehow like a CLOSED:XXXX text, but your solution is like the original org behaviour and somehow I overlooked it. Sorry for the unnecessary trouble.

Also +1 on this logging. I basically just want to have a good story of "what kinda tasks did I complete on a given date". I'd even send tips for this. I tried setting TODO keywords in settings to TODO and DONE(!) , but this was taken literally. Then tried setting org-todo-keywords in init.org. Didn't work. Then also tried to put a line "#+TODO: TODO | DONE(!)" into inbox.org. Didn't work either :/

No problem, thanks for confirming it is working.

The logging appears directly in the notes not in the :LOGBOOK: drawer. Is there a setting to change that that I'm overlooking?

@Matthew: Thanks for considering the change! :) 

@Matthew: thanks a lot that was exactly what I was looking for. Somehow I missed it the info that customization is document within the app. Maybe a link to the library-org page in the manual would be useful. If it exists and didn't search properly shame on me
Login or Signup to post a comment