Start a new topic

Support for org tables

In the Beorg app, I would greatly appreciate the ability to:

- create tables (easily insert and recognize the '| ... | ... |' syntax as a table).

- move in table content ("Enter "to move to next row in the same column, a button to move to next column just like the "Tab" on computer keyboards).

- edit table content (copy/paste column-wise).

... for a start :).

A step further towards the ideal Org-friendly app!

4 people like this idea

I would eventually like to incorporate my Markdown table editor into beorg (see https://markdowntables.app) to help with tables. No definite date yet for doing this.

While it would be really nice to have strong table support, I think something a lot easier might perhaps be able to done:

Simply having tables displayed (a) without line wrapping, and (b) in a fixed width font would make reading tables much easier. Not as wonderful as being able to edit them in beorg, of course, but still, it would be a big step forward to be able easily to read ones that were formatted elsewhere.

4 people like this
I have a lot of tables in my org files. It would be great to see them nicely formatted in beorg. :-)

4 people like this

I'd like to add my +1 to this. I've gotten into using org-mode tables extensively and would find it very helpful to be able to at least be able to view them properly in beorg and perhaps do simple edits in a fixed-width font. Thanks!

Login or Signup to post a comment