Start a new topic

Drawers support

Drawers are a standard feature of org mode described in the manual https://orgmode.org/manual/Drawers.html They look like: ** This is a headline Still outside the drawer :DRAWERNAME: This is inside the drawer. :END: After the drawer. They can be folded or unfolded with the usual visibility cycling. On Android orgzly they are supported, and I use them there to hide code that is emacs dependent. Presently beorg simply ignore them. Drawers are also used for PROPERTIES, which are also ignored by beorg. It would be nice to add them at least in visibility cycling to ensure compatibility with beorg and orgzly.

2 people like this idea

Currently beorg only logs state changes for repeating entries. I hope to look at adding support for logging all state changes at some point in the near future.

I'll look at including this in the next release which has some support for drawers.

This is something I need to revisit at some point. So unfortunately no progress on this.

Earlier in this thread you said:

> Currently beorg only logs state changes for repeating entries. I hope to look at adding support for logging all state changes at some point in the near future.

Is this still true? I have been trying to get my 'DONE' state changes to go into the LOGBOOK drawer for non-repeating entries but it doesn't seem to be working. My init.org is:

This file is loaded by beorg (the iOS org-mode app)

#+begin_src scheme
  (set! org-log-into-drawer "LOGBOOK")
  (set! org-log-done #t)
#+end_src

I've confirmed that `org-log-into-drawer` is indeed set to "LOGBOOK".  It doesn't seem to matter whether `org-log-done` is set to #t or #f.

For reference, my emacs config has these settings:

(setq org-todo-keywords
        '((sequence "TODO(t)" "BLOCKED(b!/!)" "|" "CANCELED(c!/!)" "DONE(d!/!)")))
  (setq org-log-reschedule 'time)
  (setq org-log-redeadline 'time)
  (setq org-log-into-drawer t)
  (setq org-log-done nil) ; don't add CLOSED line because we're logging in the logbook

Login or Signup to post a comment