Start a new topic

Keep the timer going even when not editing the item

If I understood it correctly, it seems that the timer would stop once I exit the task, which is a bummer, since sometimes while doing a task I need to look up my other notes. I understand that it might not be easy to locate the original entry which the timer is for, once I cancel out of the "edit item" screen. Still, it would be nice if we had this functionality. This is also basically how I use org-mode on my computer as a pomodoro tracking system while I do other stuffs in Emacs (e.g. coding).

Glad to hear this is sorted. The timers in beorg work in more or less the same way as in Org mode - starting a time just adds a line to the LOGBOOK drawer, so if you don't save the entry it as if the timer never existed. I'll take a look to check that starting a timer though does mark the item as changed so that you get a warning if you try cancelling after having started one.

1 person likes this

Hmm, maybe I'm mistaken. Now I see that the clock is still going even when I exit the task. Guess my mistake was to click on "cancel" instead of "save". I guess when I click on "save", beorg figures out that there's an open clock, and displays it accordingly. Thanks for the feature!

Login or Signup to post a comment