Start a new topic

FR: toggle HTML and MD

I’m frequently switching between HTML and MD exports. Would be great to have a more accessible toggle button and keyboard shortcut to switch between the two rather than needing to reconfigure in settings each time

1 person likes this idea

I'll add specific keyboard shortcuts for each export type. I'll also think more about easier access in the UI to quickly export as a specific format when not using an external keyboard.

Out of interest what is your use case for frequent switching between formats? I'm always interested to hear how people are using the app.

Great to hear

I’m a strategy consultant and write all day in different apps like Ulysses, Drafts, Bear, and iA Writer, often with final destinations like Word, PowerPoint, and Mail. I’m nearly 100% iOS, and tables are a challenge in all of these apps. While I do a lot with excel and numbers, I also structure a lot of text information in tables for comparison of concepts in addition to formulas and numbers

By the way, thanks for the great update! Rich Text option is particularly  helpful

Just started to use the app, very useful indeed - thanks!

Any  plans to look at multi tab support in the app?

I hadn't thought of adding multiple tab support - how are you using Markdown Tables? It would be useful to know your use case to see how multiple tabs would help you out.

My work forces my to address several topics in parallel which means that I would like to be able to have multiple tables open at once - maybe this is possible in some other way? I also find that I often want to update the tables - I can obviously past content back in but would prefer not to have this extra step.

Hope this helps.

Are you using Markdown Tables on an iPad? Although multiple windows aren't yet supported by Markdown Tables this might be the way I would go to support your use case.

Yes on an iPad (Pro even though I don't think that matters in this specific case), on Mac I use TableFlip. Thanks for considering it, I have no clue how hard it is to incorporate 

Login or Signup to post a comment