Start a new topic

Keyboard shortcuts

It would be nice to have keyboard shortcuts reworked. There are numerous issues currently. First off, shit arrows are already system shortcuts on iOS and MacOS (and other platforms) for selecting characters. Same goes for command shift arrows (select to end of line). To make it easier to navigate and work from keyboard, I’d suggest following Numbers conventions and using option arrows to add rows and columns. Use plain arrows and tabs to navigate cells. Leave the shift arrows to the system for text selection. 

Thank you for developing the great app. Please let me know if you’re looking for beta testers

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look at the keyboard shortcuts and see how they can be refined.

I shall send you a link to TestFlight so you can get pre-release versions - any and all feedback gratefully accepted.

On this topic I would also like to ask for a shortcut to switch between item and the note part when looking at a file. I work mostly from an ipad with a apple magic keyboard and I would really like to be able to do as much as possible from just the keyboard without needing to reach up and touch the screen. I understand that it will be a huge task to rework all the shortcuts at once but maybe it is possible to work on in at a time?

Hi Thomas - are you referring to beorg rather than Markdown Tables?

Yes, I am. Sorry. Just searched forum and found the thread. Didn’t check subforum. 

No worries! I do need to return to keyboard shortcuts in beorg - currently they are only in the outliner. I've added shortcuts as you've requested for those two options, these will be in the next release. Hopefully I'll get round in the near future to adding lots more and making beorg a better app for those with external keyboards.

Login or Signup to post a comment