Start a new topic

Subfolder

I see subfolder is mentioned in BeOrg Capture a Picture Task, is it still on the roadmap?

9 people like this idea

I haven't had any recent requests for beorg to work with non-text items. I'll keep monitoring interest to see if this is something that I need to look at sooner rather than later.

Thanks Mathhew. Other than non text recourses, I organize my org files in separate folders, for example gtd for task files, and note for all my notes, etc. Supporting subfolders can let Beorg download all of them instead of single folder.

4 people like this

I do something similar to Yuji Shen. I have a general org folder and a subfolder for my daily notes (which I actually then sort in to folders for each year). This works well on my computer, or even using a thing like org-web, but doesn't quite work out with Beorg.

3 people like this

Would like to second the request for subfolder support, it's really the only thing that keeps beorg from being the perfect tool for me. 

I don't care about seeing a folder hierarchy in the app, or even being able to see what folder they're in at all in the app, I just want an option to recursively load all the .org files from a dropbox folder.

For my own sanity  I don't like to mix "work" items and "personal" items, which I do by keeping them in separate folders with a shared inbox.org.  I would like to be able to work with all of my notes in beorg, but I don't want to intermingle them on disk.  Right now I have to choose if I'm using beorg for work or for personal by switching the org directory back and forth in the configuration menu. 

2 people like this

I agree. This would be very useful. I would be just as happy with a flat representation of the notes, as long as they are being displayed at all. Of course a hierarchical representation would be even better, but anything else would be welcome too. 

1 person likes this
I also support the above; including org files from subfolders would be a game changer for me. As others have suggested, the Folder hierarchy needn’t be carried through to beorg itself, a flat representation would be fine. On the face of it this seems like a simple change, but would make a big difference.

1 person likes this

Yes! I'm also feeling this pain. It would be great to have subdirectories for organizational flexibility on mobile as well. Is this a possibility?

1 person likes this

This is something I've intended on implementing for a long while - so I need to bite the bullet and get on with it! It is likely however that folder support will be limited to iCloud only for v1 of this functionality, with other sync services to follow. It is more work than you might expect due to a poor design decision I made when implementing how beorg handles files.

Yes, folder and subfolder support is definitely missing. I'd like to keep work items and private items separate — plus keep items within work folder separate (customers, colleagues). Was a bit surprised that this is currently not supported :-(

2 people like this

I would also like this feature. I 'd like to populate the agenda from both my GTD folder and a org-roam subfolders

Check out another forum topic on this issue - https://appsonthemove.freshdesk.com/a/forums/topics/14000016681#post_14000038234. There is experimental support for subfolders in current beorg releases. If you are using WebDAV or iCloud you can try it out and see if it works for you.

Login or Signup to post a comment