beorg 2.15.0

This release has a number of new features.

Reminders support - you can now grant beorg access to show reminders in your agenda, in the same way as you can for calendar events.

Editing reminders/calendar events - you can do some basic editing of your reminders and calendar events. The editing includes updating the title, date/time (only start date - for calendar events the duration is kept), notes and deletion.

There are some new Scheme variables to give you some basic details about the device you are running on - device-name, device-model, device-os-version and device-type. A use case for this was someone wanting to make certain files readonly on one of his devices - there are likely lots more.

A bug fix for WebDAV users who had their devices set to 12-hour time is also in this release.

For those of you running the beta of iOS 13 then the crash on startup is fixed. If you spot any other issues let me know - I won't be starting testing with iOS 13 until the beginning of August once the betas are a little more progressed.

2 people like this

• Only reminders with an assigned date will be shown in the agenda.
  • The reminder will be shown with a little icon (thumb with some string wrapped around) and the source will be something like (Family list).
  • Currently all reminder lists are included - this is something I intend to improve by allowing you to hide unwanted lists.
  • You can only edit reminders that are visible on the beorg agenda, and editing is limited to the title, date and notes. Setting the state of a reminder to a done state will complete the reminder. You can't create reminders in beorg.

1 person likes this

Hiding of unwanted reminder lists will be coming in the next release of beorg. I'll add integration of reminders into the TODO list to a future update.

It would be interesting to hear from more users what use cases they have for reminders in beorg. Personally I tend to use reminders only for tasks shared between my wife and I (or ones she has assigned to me) - and having them appearing in beorg will make sure I don't ignore/forget them!

1 person likes this

Can you be more specific on the "Reminders Support"?  After granting beorg access to show reminders:

• What is the look of the reminders when they show up in the Agenda? (Am I not seeing it?)
  • Which Reminder Lists show up?  How are they IDd?  Do I have control of that?
  • For instance, I might have a Grocery List Reminders and a Phone Call List Reminders
  • Anything special about editing a reminder? Or a Reminder List?

Hmm

• Mostly agree with what you've got so far
  • I think I might suggest adding reminders *without* dates to the TODO list in beorg
  • I think the hiding of unwanted reminder lists would deal with hiding Grocery lists which you probably don't want on beorg (or maybe you do..?)

Login or Signup to post a comment