Start a new topic

bookmark function?

Hi!

thanks so much for your epic work on beorg!

was wondering if one could ask for a request to have bookmark function to a specific orgfile+header? i know you can pin notes but sometimes you want to quick reach a sub header somewhere

best

Z

wow :)  silly auto capitalize on iphone did that without me noticing :D

thx again

Z

I can give you a quick answer to the bookmark question - it's probably a case issue, i.e. the file you sent it "travelV3.org" but the bookmark refers to "TravelV3.org". I'll take a look into the other issue and get back to you.

thx!

see attached both the bookmark file and the travelV3 file

also: i can't respond for some reason to the "can't get capture URL Scheme to work with templates via siri shortcuts" question (its uneditable?) so also attaching the screenshot you requested here , hope that’s OK :)

best appreciate all your help and work!

org
(431 KB)
org
(33 Bytes)

For the example you stated I'm able to recreate those files and content and the link works. The matching of headlines is case sensitive - so make sure that if the headline is Delhi and you put Delhi in the link (although you have done that in your example).

If you could create a minimum example in beorg and attach the files directly to a reply, so I can import them in beorg, that might help reproduce your issue.

thx and sorry for the late response (real life issues :))

i like the 2nd approach

Alternatively you could create a file which contains your bookmarks and then add links such as [[reading::Current Books][Current books I'm reading]]. Such a link will open the file reading and highlight the item matching Current Books and unfold it.

but not sure i get it since it dosent work for me.

i have a file named  `TravelV3.org` that is synced via dropbox

in there there are many headers and subheaders but lets say this example

* world
** India
*** Delhi

if i understand correctly i need to create another file called ie `beorg.bmark.org` and then in there create a link that will have

[[TravelV3.org::Delhi][Delhi]]

now pressing that link should open the TravelV3.org file and Delhi header?

i tried that and it dosent seem to work

am i missing anything?

thx again 

Z

Thank you for your suggestion.

You could do something similar to this now by:

• Creating a saved search for items tagged with Bookmark (or any other tag of your choosing) and then selecting the Bookmarks saved search on the Filter menu on the TODO tab.
  • Alternatively you could create a file which contains your bookmarks and then add links such as [[reading::Current Books][Current books I'm reading]]. Such a link will open the file reading and highlight the item matching Current Books and unfold it.

One of the next features I want to work on is a customisable dashboard for beorg. This would be shown when the app opens and you could configure it, for example, to show today's tasks, lists of tasks matching a search, list of pinned files, etc. With this bookmarks could be listed using a saved search for items tagged with "Bookmark" or similar. That would make bookmarks quickly accessible from within the first screen of the app.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment