Start a new topic

TODO items marked DONE but with CLOSED timestamp

I love the easy TODO/DONE swipe-switching in the TODO view of the app. The drawback is that in beorg when a TODO is converted to DONE, no `CLOSED: [timestamp]` is inserted, like it would be in Emacs.

4 people like this idea

No problem, thanks for confirming it is working.

I can’t thank you enough @Matthew Kennard for this latest addition (repeated task state logging). It took me a while to get around to thanking you because I’ve been so engrossed in customizing my beorg workflow now that I practically live in your app. By far my favorite app. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Kevin!

Is the configuration of this feature documented?

I do want the completion date to be logged for most one-off items, but not for recurring items like "water the plants" because that's just happening too often :)

The per-item properties work in Emacs, but not beorg:

SCHEDULED: <2019-09-05 Thu 14:00 +1w>
:PROPERTIES:
:LOGGING: nil
:END:

The logging appears directly in the notes not in the :LOGBOOK: drawer. Is there a setting to change that that I'm overlooking?

Take a look at https://beorg.app/manual/library-org/ which summarises the options available to configure beorg. You are probably looking for 

org-log-into-drawer, which by default is set to #f rather than a drawer name.

Christian - I missed your comment when you originally posted it. I've added some code to handle the per-item property LOGGING when set to nil so that it doesn't add any state transition notes.

1 person likes this

@Matthew: Thanks for considering the change! :) 

@Matthew: thanks a lot that was exactly what I was looking for. Somehow I missed it the info that customization is document within the app. Maybe a link to the library-org page in the manual would be useful. If it exists and didn't search properly shame on me

I'm going to get those live on the website today :)

Login or Signup to post a comment